@MarissaRogers I am facing the exact same issue that Mohammad has reported above. Further the results returned are partial. When I look at the code it seems that there is a hardcoded limit of page size of 50 in the list view ListNonSelectableSyncInventory. I private editted it to 200 (that is the max allowed) and then I got some more results, but the results are clearly wrong (I see both the errors that are mentioned above). :( :( Could you please let us know if we are doing something wrong here?
Posted: 3 months ago
Posted: 20 Jun 2023 7:58 EDT
Geeta Ramani (Geeta Ramani)
@Geeta Ramani I also tried to compare using the "Product Rule" option. As a test I included only a ruleset version that I know doesn't exist on the target system and when I ran the tool, I got back "No Differences" which is clearly wrong. In another test I got back results which are outside the product that I selected. Either I am doing doing something very wrong or this tool is completely broken. :( Could you help please?
Posted: 3 months ago
Updated: 3 months ago
Posted: 20 Jun 2023 8:01 EDT Updated: 20 Jun 2023 8:04 EDT
Marije Schillern (MarijeSchillern)
Senior Knowledge Management Specialist
The Rulebase Compare wizard checks the content of a set of ruleset versions or a Rule-Admin-Product file to confirm if its present in the DB of a target environment. It will report against any content within that scope, regardless of application context. Rulebase compare will show the full scope of the content from the ruleset versions or Rule-Admin-Product files select (regardless of the current application context), and provide guidance on how to get the source and target systems aligned in terms of adding, removing, or updating rules.
@MarijeSchillern thank you for your response. This thread was only started on Dec 31, 2022, so it is not *that* old..? Anyway so I tried this again. I had migrated a ruleset version from the first env to the second. So clearly for that ruleset version the rules are exactly the same. Then I tried the Rulebase Compare tool. I chose "Ruleset" option, set the min and max ruleset version to the rsv that I had migrated and then ran the tool. I got exactly 5 pages of results and all the results were of "Class" type (so no ruleset version). As mentioned earlier the results are truncated because of the (deprecated) list view ListNonSelectableSyncInventory. If I private edit that rule to return more results I get more results (20 pages) but NOT results just from the ruleset version that I mentioned. So I am not sure what use it is to mention the ruleset version if the tool returns results from other ruleset versions. I will as you suggested open a ticket about it, but just thought I'd get your thoughts too. And yes I have gone through the documentation you mentioned above.