Posted: January 28, 2021
Last activity: February 9, 2021
Last activity: 9 Feb 2021 0:01 EST
Having parent/child (cover) issues?
Do you have issues with your parent/child relationships?
Ex. Error message: Case xxx is not covered by case yyy.
Apply some of the points below to resolve such issues.
- Adding a wo as child. Use the Flow:AddToCover to add referred wo to current wo. Current wo becomes the cover.
- Remove a child wo from parent. Use the Flow:RemoveFromCover to remove referred wo from current wo.
- Move child to other parent. Use the Activity:pxMove to move referred child wo to other referred wo which becomes the new parent.
- Remove child from parent manually. Create an activity which opens the parent wo and commits it at the end. Now, remove the .pxCoveredInsKey() which refers to the child wo. Subtract 1 from the .pxCoveredCount and subtract 1 from the .pxCoveredCountOpen.
- Remove parent from child manually. Create an activity which opens the child wo and commits it at the end. Now, remove property .pxCoverInsKey.
- Add a child wo using the ootb shape available in the flow-rule.
- Create a new child case using the Activity:AddCoveredWork or Activity:CreateCoveredObject.
- Feel free to add your thoughts on managing parent and child wo’s in the comments!
***Edited by Moderator Marissa to update Platform Capability tags****