As a part of our requirement, we have translated all the field values, paragraphs into Spanish language using Localization wizard. All the rule changes for these are in XYZRuleSet_es:01-01-01. The translation of rules are called properly while running the app by switching it from English with the help of a dropdown in the first screen. But the problem is like the screen is shaking or a kind of flickering I see when I select a option button or a check box or whatever the action taken on the field value's input. I am not sure on why I am seeing this sudden flickering in all the screens after localization functionality is implemented in QA/TEST env. Compared the application from STG environment without having this translation changes and I don't see this flickering. We are using PRPC V7.2.2 and is having 9 screens with 130 plus Spanish translation changes as per biz. Not sure on where I am getting wrong in this whole process. By the way, this issue is coming while entering the data and we are using Tabbed Screenflow for our application and we are good in Review harness. I tried in all possible ways to resolve this flickering issue but I couldn't. Can someone please help me on this?
Note:If this is related to product issue then I can create an SR for getting the HF/local change for it.
Ravi Kumar Pisupati.
***Edited by Moderator: Marissa to update categories***
***Edited by Moderator: Marissa to add SR Details***
Thanks Sai for the reply. So many questions :) but that is fine. As soon as I landed on the first screen after this localization, I see a jerk in the whole UI and the same flickering continues when an action takes on each element. the issue comes only in IE but is not happening in Firefox/Chrome browser. Not sure where we went wrong in IE. If it is related to any IE config settings then please let me know so that I will take a look at it.
Posted: 6 years ago
Posted: 27 Jun 2017 13:05 EDT
Ravi Kumar Pisupati (Ravi Kumar Pisupati)
Principal LSA - Pega
Shashidhar Palle from GCS team worked on the SR and he gave a local code change to resolve this issue in IE. The issue coming is due to the uneven width while rendering the UI elements on IE browser. To fix this issue, he did analysis and added the below HTML style to UserWorkForm rule and that resolved the issue. Still we are in testing the change in other environments and will update the post accordingly. But, my gut feeling is that issue won't occur in other environments too :). Thank you Shahsi from GCS team.