User roles permit people in your enterprise to engage with Pega support teams and to handle support tickets for your Pegasystems support account. The user roles that Support Administrators can assign to Pega users in their enterprise vary depending on whether the Pegasystems support account is qualified as an on-premises Pega product account, a Client-Managed Cloud account, or a Pega Cloud® services account.
When a Support Administrator manages the support contacts for their Pegasystems support account, they assign each contact the role-based access that they need to work with support and self-service resources at Pega.
The General Support Access provides users with permission to create, view, update, and subscribe to support tickets in My Support Portal.
The additional roles -- Support Contact Administrator, Security Contact, and Cloud Specialist -- are advanced roles that the Support Administrator can assign when adding users. Note each of these roles also provides the user with the General Support Access permissions.
Users can be assigned any combination of roles.
On Premise or Client-Managed Cloud
|Pega Cloud||Role Details|
|Support Administrator||Yes||Yes||Three (3) is the recommended minimum for this role.|
|* General Support Access||Yes||Yes||All affiliated users have this access.|
|Security Contact||Yes||Yes||One (1) or more senior managers or similar authorities can have this role.|
One (1) or more specialists can have this role for multiple production systems.
*All users affiliated with an account can monitor and submit support tickets for the account.
The Support Administrator is also known as the Support Contact Administrator or Account Administrator.
The Support Administrator role grants the user the ability to add and remove support contacts and grants the authority to modify the role assignments for any user.
Your account should have at least three (3) Support Administrators for contingency.
As a Support Administrator, you should review and update the user roles for your Pegasystems support account frequently:
- At least quarterly
- When you renew your support contract
- When personnel changes occur
Be sure to remove users who are no longer support contacts.
General Support Access grants the user permission to the following resources:
- My Support Portal to create, view, update, and subscribe to support tickets
- My Pega > My Software to order and download Pega software
- Pega Predictive Diagnostic Cloud to monitor the performance and health of applications, for both on-premises and cloud environments.
These default permissions are inherited by the additional roles that can be assigned to users.
All users affiliated with a Pegasystems support account receive communications related to support issues from Pega. Users can unsubscribe from communications by setting their Notification Preferences, as described in My Support Portal Frequently Asked Questions, Communicating on tickets.
The Security Contact role designates the user as an official security contact for the account. Security Contacts receive periodic security alerts from Pegasystems.
- Senior managers or similar authorities should be assigned this role.
- For Pega Cloud services accounts, the Security Contact is, by default, the person who authorizes Cloud Change (CC) requests for Cloud systems that have an information security impact. Cloud Change (CC) requests that have an information security impact require written client security approval. For more information, see Change Management process.
- In production environments, ensure that Pega Cloud client information is protected.
The Cloud Specialist role is assigned to clients with Pega Cloud deployments.
The Cloud Specialist role (formerly divided between the Cloud Admin and Cloud Change roles) plays a critical role as the primary communication channel and approver of maintenance requests.
The Cloud Specialist role gives access to the Deployment Manager.
The Cloud Specialist can request Cloud Changes and Cloud Assistance, as explained in Creating a support ticket, Request a Support Service.
The Cloud Specialist is the individual who the Pegasystems Cloud Support Team alerts of any issues with your Cloud system.
Cloud Specialists receive system status alerts for the following situations:
- When issues are detected during routine environment monitoring
- When Pegasystems proactively identifies an issue needing attention
- When urgent Cloud system status messages are sent from the Pegasystems Cloud Support team
Cloud Specialists receive notifications from Pega for both product and cloud issues. They can unsubscribe from communications by setting their Notification Preferences, as described in My Support Portal Frequently Asked Questions, Communicating on tickets.
Consider the following factors when assigning users to the role of Cloud Specialist:
- You must always have at least one Cloud Specialist assigned to your Pega Cloud service account.
- Select individuals with the appropriate expertise and judgment to serve in this significant role.
- The Cloud Specialist works with the Security Contact for your Pega Cloud service account.
- You can affiliate Cloud Specialists with specific cloud projects and environments.
Pega has implemented granular access to Pega Cloud client environments in My Support Portal (MSP) and My Pega Cloud (MPC).
If you have multiple production systems, potentially associated with different projects or departments, you can affiliate Cloud Specialist users with specific cloud projects and environments.
For more information, see Managing support contacts.
- After you affiliate a user with a specific cloud project or environment groups, the user will notice the following impacts in My Support Portal and My Pega Cloud:
- In My Support Portal users will only receive cloud maintenance (CM-) notifications for the projects / environments they are associated with.
- Users are only allowed to create Cloud change requests (CC) for the environments that they are affiliated with.
- i.e. Whilst creating a CC case, only environments cloud specialists are affiliated with will be displayed in the environment selection list.
- A tool tip is displayed "CC can be created only for environments that user is affiliated with. If you do not see an environment that you expect to, please reach out to admin to update your cloud affiliation."
- When Pega support resources create a CC case on your behalf, we will only associate contacts with access to the specific environment.
- When cloning a case, Cloud Specialists can only select an environment they are affiliated with for the cloned CC.
- In My Pega Cloud users will only be able to download logs and restart environments for the environments they are associated with.
- The Cloud Specialist has access to My Pega Cloud to manage cloud environments as explained in Managing your environments in the My Pega Cloud.