Applies to Pega Mobile Client versions 7.1 through 8
Prevent Mobile Build Service (MBS) failure by performing simple checks for connectivity, network, and firewall factors. Learn how to resolve MBS failure if it occurs.
- Your Pega Mobile Build Service (MBS) account is ready.
- The URL for MBS in your Pega Platform Dynamic System Settings is set to mobilebuildserver.pega.com
See Configuring mobile build server settings.
Perform the following checks to ensure the success of the Mobile Build Service:
- Open the HTTPS traffic (port 443) for the domains mobilebuildserver.pega.com and s3.*.amazonaws.com.
The IP address that mobilebuildserver.pega.com is using might change and is not guaranteed.
Connectivity to an IP address must be enabled if not already opened.
To check the current IP address of the MBS use the following command:
dig +short mobilebuildserver.pega.com | grep -e "^[0-9]"
- Verify that the connection from the Pega Platform to the MBS works and is not blocked by a firewall.
- Verify that the connection from Pega Platform to AWS S3 works and is not blocked by a firewall.
Use the following command inside the machine where Pega Platform returns no error:
Currently the service is using eu-north-1 region, but this might change in the future.
To retrieve the IP range of S3, use the following command:
curl https://ip-ranges.amazonaws.com/ip-ranges.json | jq -r '.prefixes | select(.region=="eu-north-1") | select(.service=="S3") | .ip_prefix'
For more information, see How can I find the IP address ranges used by Amazon S3?
- Make sure that the AWS certificate is trusted.
When MBS fails
If your MBS does not start or starts but fails after a few minutes or seconds, browse the mobility/pega logs section in the Pega Platform Dev Studio and read the logs. See Viewing logs.
The logs will likely indicate that the connection to MBS is blocked somewhere. Look for the following log error or similar error:
com.pega.pegarules.integration.mobile.internal.build.client.BuildServerConnectionException: Can't connect to build server because of i/o error
To resolve this error, perform the actions listed in Checkpoints.