This support document complements Case link sent in email message opens with incorrect appearance or does not open the case.
The following scenarios typify the need to create a URL for users to view or work on a case in a Pega application:
- Insert a link in an email message whereby on clicking the link the user can access a case to review the case and approve it or to perform another work assignment on the case.
- Insert a link in an external application from which a user can access a case in a Pega application.
- Provide an action in a case to copy the case URL so that the copied URL can be shared with other people.
There are two approaches in which you, as an application developer, can generate a case URL in your Pega application for application users to click:
- For Cosmos or Constellation applications, use URL Mapping to implement the action Copy Sharable Link.
- For UI Kit applications, use the WorkLink email Correspondence Fragment rule to open the case.
The suggested approaches described in this support document assume that the following conditions are met:
- Users must have valid credentials to log in to the Pega application.
Users who do not have operator IDs in the Pega application should use directed web access (DWA) or the Pega Web Mashup.
- Applications are developed on Pega Platform™ version 8.5.1 or later.
- Applications developed on Pega Platform version 8.5.1 through version 8.7 use the Pega Cosmos design system.
- Applications developed on Pega Platform version 8.8 and later releases use Constellation.
The easiest way to generate a URL in an application that uses the Pega Cosmos design system or Constellation is to use the URL Mapping process. Follow the procedures documented in Pega Documentation and the Pega Support Center.
- Start with Defining URL patterns for work items.
- Continue with Theme-Cosmos: Open work object in Full portal on Copy sharable Link and be sure to read the Comment that adds the steps for creating a new case type instead of opening a case.
The best way to open a case through a URL in an application designed with the UI-Kit is to use the WorkLink Correspondence Fragment rule to open the case.
When clicking the URL for a case, application users on Pega Platform version 8.5 and later releases might see the 403 error and the Pega SECU0019 alert caused when Basic Access Control is broken. To resolve this issue, encrypt the URLs that open cases. See the following Pega Documentation articles and their related, linked-to articles:
If the case URL opens correctly, but the skin does not look correct, then check the default portal for the access group of the operator used to log in. If it is Designer Studio, then the developer skin is picked up. Change the access group to specify the User Portal, Case Manager, or Case worker portal.For more troubleshooting information, see also Case link sent in email message opens with incorrect appearance or does not open the case.