1. Archive cases resolved complete/cancelled before x number of months to be archived.
2. operations/business needs archived data in app reports, preferably something like by include archive cases check box
3. operations/business needs flexibility to search for archived case and view key information at any point in time.
4. operations/business should be able to retrieve the archive cases anytime as part of any new investigation, reopen the archived case is needed and continue working on it.
1. Explored OOTB solution where it archives in a zip and we need to load back in main schema to retrieve. However, our problem statement is to seamlessly retrieve which is NOT in this case.
2.Explored second solution by keeping a new schema in DB, and a DB connection to new schema. Created new work class like Work-Archive inheriting from Work- class to retrieve the object using same UI. But, in run time pega is trying to open cases from Work- and hence seamless retrieval is not happening.
***Edited by Moderator Marissa to update Content Type from Discussion to Question***
In Pega infinity there is OOTB archival functionality moving cases to S3. The cases stay available in search under a separate dropdown (Archived cases or something like that). The only challenge then would be to implement reporting on those, I would recommend to move reporting for archived cases out of Pega to BI solution. Then you could for each report resolved x months ago set up BIX logic to extract it let's say 1 day before OOTB archival and fulfill both requirements.
If BI doesn't fit the main question would be why do they need archival at all? Is it about DB space optimisation or just to have less data in reports. If it's the last option then I would rather add a flag IsArchived which is populated by an agent after x months and update all the reports to filter out by this flag.