I'm following the exercises of System Architect Essetials 7.2.
In the excercise for defining declare expression rules: Automatically updating the total cost of benefits I've the following problem:
I've defined the new properties in the data model tab of the case explorer, as describe in the solution but I can't perform the step:
Create a declare expression rule for the Total benefit cost property
I don't see the elements in the application explorer. The only element available in Application explorer under: Benefits Enrollment > Data Model > Property
What must I do to display the other properties here, in order to define the expressions?
Thank you very much
**Moderation Team has archived post**
This post has been archived for educational purposes. Contents and links will no longer be updated. If you have the same/similar question, please write a new post.
Declare expression are defined on the property which the calculated values to be displayed.On which property you want to write the declare expression and what are the properties you are giving as the source for that declare expression to calculate. Did you create any other properties in that case. If yes, after creating the properties refresh the app explorer. If not found please add some screen shots on what you did and what you want.
Posted: 5 years ago
Posted: 28 Dec 2016 1:33 EST
Paul Aquino (aquip0916)
2. See the attached screenshot, you should have all fields listed in the Data Model tab of the Benefits Enrollment case type.
3. Ensure that you are clicking on save (on the benefits enrollment case type) after adding fields in the Data Model Tab.
4. Ensure that you are refereshing the benefits enrollment case type (Actions > Referesh) after adding the fields to the benefits enrollment case type.
5. Ensure that the "Total benefit cost" field has:
5a. A class of TGB-HRApps-Work-BenefitsEnrollment
5b. Ruleset of Onboarding:01-01-01
6. Navigate to the Application Explorer > Benefits Enrollment > Data Model > Property > TotalBenefitCost property | Right click the property > Define Expression.
Without seeing screenshots of your exercise system, the potential root causes are arbitrary. However more often than not, the fields that you added previously did not save and persist in the exercise system. Depending on your bandwidth, and given that the cloud instance of the exercise system is a bit slow. It is important to let PRPC complete it's ruleset save/checkin process.
Another potential cause is that you may be saving the fields to a ruleset with a different version.
Posted: 4 years ago
Posted: 24 Jan 2018 8:27 EST
Bogdan Onofrei (BogdanO5)