Advise on the approach for Pega 7 to 8 upgrade with diff app and db upgrades.
We are planning to upgrade from Pega 7.1.7 to Pega 8.6 on-premise to Cloud. For that this is approach we are thinking of below approach.
Current staging - Pega 717 On-Premise |FSIF PegaFSIF 07.15|PegaRequirements 07.15 | App server : IBM WebSphere Application Server/8.5 | OS : AIX 7.1 |Java version : 1.7.0 | DB : DB2/AIX64 SQL1005B |
DB Driver : IBM Data Server Driver for JDBC and SQLJ 4.25.23
Upgrading to - Pega 8.6 On-premise | then move to cloud
Cloud - Azure | JBOSS | SQL server
1. Creating staging environment on premise on 7.1.7 with rules from PROD and data from Dev
2. Upgrade on premise 7.1.7 to Pega 8.6
3. Run migration scripts from DB2 to SQL
4. Move code and data from on-premise to cloud
Note that our on premise is on IBM webspehere + DB2 and cloud is on JBOSS + SQL
***Edited by Moderator: Pooja Gadige to change category from Product to Update, update product version, add capability tag***
1. Create RAP from on-prem 717 prod. Import RAP to cloud 8.6 Dev
2. Perform testing and fixes.
3. prepare list of tables in on-prem which contain case data. Migrate selected tables from on-prem to cloud. Use some tool to convert the data to format compatible to target DB. Explore Pega Installer's data migration functionality.
4. If entire data schema from source is migrated to target, data-only upgrade should be executed in target data schema post migration.