Posted: Mar 11, 2020
Last activity: Mar 17, 2020
Last activity: 17 Mar 2020 12:38 EDT
Parse XML Rule not working in Connect-REST if "&" in response
Please find below details about the issue.
- Facing Exception while Applying Parse XML due to special character (“&”).
- Using a Parse XML rule in Connect-REST service POST method to parse an XML.
- In the XML if any of the value tag contains a Special character ("&"), The Parse XML is failing with this Error: Caught Exception Parsing XML Stream.
- The root cause of this problem is '&' is not a valid XML character.
· Attempted Solutions:
- PDN recommends using DSS json/escapeSpecialCharacters) which we tried and it didn’t work. There is a HFix-23862 associated with this that was given for version 7.1.x so ideally it should work for our version which is 7.4 but it’s not working.
- And also verified PRSYSMGMT for the JVM setting "file.encoding" - it is set to UTF-8.