In the App studio header rule to display the "Toggle design mode" button, section Rule: pzComposerBarLeft , design mode button is made invisible for constellation applications (When rule - pyIsConstellationUI).
Due to this, Design mode option is not present in app studio.
Is there a reason for restricting design mode for constellation apps?
Or please correct me & help on how to achieve design mode to configure Actions for constellation apps!
***Edited by Moderator Marissa to add Capability tags***
The reason for restricting the design mode for Constellation applications is that the Constellation architecture focuses on prescribed common patterns and generating a consistent UI experience. In this way, developers can design and prototype applications more efficiently and with less effort. However, you can still configure actions for Constellation applications in App Studio. To do so, you can follow these steps:
1. In the header of App Studio, click **Preview application** to launch the User portal.
2. In the header of the User portal, click the **Toggle design mode** icon.
3. Select the section for which you want to configure actions.
4. Click **Edit this section**.
5. On the Edit this section tab, next to the element for which you want to configure actions, click the **Edit** icon.
6. In the Actions field, configure the actions as per your business requirements.
7. Click **Apply** to save your changes.
8. Click **Exit design mode**.
Posted: 6 months ago
Updated: 6 months ago
Posted: 15 May 2023 3:16 EDT Updated: 15 May 2023 3:21 EDT
Archana Ganesan (Archana)
Lead Pega Architect/Consultant