A service operator such as Service-REST rule, signetAPI operator, and Robot Manager operator is enabled with basic authentication. When the service operator is often invoked, the Pega Platform authenticates it by saving the login time of the operator ID. The authentication process updates the pegadata.pr_operators table with the operator ID’s latest (or last) login time.
When basic authentication is enabled for service operators, the application performance degrades.
PEGA0005 DB time interaction alert exceeding threshold limit
PEGA0011 Total request time exceeds limit
A defect in Pegasystems’ code or rules
During the authentication of a service operator, the pegadata.pr_operators table is modified to store the operator’s latest (or last) login time.
The issue occurs in the following environments:
- Pega Platform™ version 7.1.6 on-premises
- Pega Platform version 7.1.9 on-premises
- Pega Platform version 7.3 on Pega Cloud 2.20.8
- Pega Platform version 7.3.1 on-premises
Perform the following local change:
- Add the property, extAssignFlag, to the Data-Admin-Operator-ID class.
- Create and run a onetime activity to set the extAssignFlag to any (non-empty value) String value (Obj open by handle for the service operator ID instance).