I wrote a .NET script to manipulate Excel in Visual Studio 2015, this is working and giving expected result. I moved the script to Pega Studio 8.0, the script is valid and when i run on the same data it is giving exception. How do i debug the script. Is there any way to look where it is failing.
***Updated by moderator: Lochan to add Categories***
**Moderation Team has archived post**
This post has been archived for educational purposes. Contents and links will no longer be updated. If you have the same/similar question, please write a new post.
You cannot at this time do step by step debugging. That feature is not yet available. However, you can add log messages at each step and view the results in the Runtimelog. To do this add the following line to your code each time you want a log entry:
This static methods accepts 2 parameters - the first one will fill in the Category column in the Runtimelog and the second is what appears in the Message column. This generates an entry of type Verbose. If you want an Info message use TraceInfo instead. I usually build my messages using a string.Format command so I can easily add replaceable parameters.
If you use Try .. Catch blocks, you can also push to the log your exceptions. Do it in the following form: