We have 2 sections A and Section B, Section A has the dropdown (Say with property name " Type") with on change with Refresh Section/Activity call. And Section B should also refresh when ever dropdown in Section A changes. This was implemented by checking Run on Client checkbox and Refresh when condition saying Property changes(property present in Section A with dropdown).
What is happening is, when ever the dropdown value changes in Section A, in the background it is refreshing Section B as well. But dropdown value is lost in between the reload and causing the error.
Is there any configuration(environment specific etc) needed to make it work with Run on client. Also, this behavior is happening in only one of the environment, all other environments it works perfect.
Version is 6.2, and source of the dropdown in Dynamic select.
1. Source of the drop down.-- Dynamic Select
2. After doing the refresh are the values of the drop down present in the clipboard?--Yes Dropdown values( i mean) page list which populates the dropdown is present. But the value of the Property is reset.
3. To refresh section B:
- Are you using refresh this section action in section B in any cell property on change of the dropdown value?-- Using Refresh When with Property on change
- Or are you using refresh other section (section B) in section A on change of the dropdown property?
3. As you have mentioned after refreshing it is causing error. What is the error?- There is no Error on the screen, but the selected value from the dropdown is missing, causing some validation errors.
4. Which platform version are you using?--6.2
Also could you please try the below and let me know if that works:
use the below script instead of refresh section action:
I can try using this, but as this is custom code to reload the section which causes problem as we are planning to upgrade very soon.