I have a strategy that i would like to use in an outbound campaign. The strategy can return any number of different propositions (but only 1 proposition at a time). I would like to have a single offer flow that can process any of the propositions via an outbound email campaign. Is this possible? It currently looks as if i need an offer flow for each proposition which would mean hundreds of offer flows (all identical) that would need to be maintained.
I was able to create a reusable offer flow by setting .pyName to the name of the reusable offer flow (in the strategy). I then change .pyName back to the original proposition name in the offer flow. I also had to change the offer flow validation activity making the "missing" propositions a warning instead of an error. I'm not sure this is a long term solution as I have not tested the impact on other parts of the system (ADM, VBD, etc.)
The business issue here is that the customer run an outbound news letter campaign on a monthly basis. The news letter propositions change every month (May 2017, June 2017, July 2017, etc.) however the offer flow remains the same. Requiring the customer to "save as" the offer flow, without any changes, seems link an unnecessary change.
Can you please share your experience with the above solution of using same offer flow for all propositions, did it eventually worked, or it caused any issues later on. e.g if you use same offer flow for all outbound propositions over sms, then if user optins then how we will map different optin code with same offer flow , because in this case what ever option code user sends (even if it's not the optin code for offer he got) it may progress the wrong offer flow.
FYI we have also done something similar i.e we Customised Pega Available Activity PegaMKT_FilterPropositions for reuse, We have changed it to allow us to specify offer flow for a particular proposition, Pega OOTB doesn't allow us to do so, hence we end up creating as many offer flow as there are propositions even though all the offer flow functionality are exactly the same in our application, hence there is hardly any reuse, hence we chose to do this customisation and done initial round of testing and is working fine, will do further testing.