2. User selects some filtering options in the grid and clicks on a particular item in the grid.
3. By clicking on the item, it will land in the work object of that item (which is in a different tab)
4. User performs some action on the work object and goes back to home grid (which is in a different tab)
5. Now we want the Grid to be refreshed. Since the workobject status might be resolved and it has to be reflected as resolved.
6. But we want the earlier selected filtering options to be persisted in the Grid. Since if we dont persist the filtering option, the grid will show all the hundreds of items again and user has to select all the filters again.
How can we resolve the problem?
Please don't suggest to disable refreshing of the Grid which we obviously know :)
As per the requirement mentioned, try adding an "on click" event on the grid of home page where user selects the item.
where on click, the action should be "Save" and also with another action "Refresh". So as soon as the user selects the item the data will persist and then the work object will be opened in different tab.
Whatever the modifications are done in work object will be reflected on other tab of your home page as it will be refreshed and also data will persist as a "Save" action is added.
Hope this can solve your problem, but as there might also be other dependencies for your requirement this might not solve as well.
Posted: 5 years ago
Posted: 21 Jul 2017 4:41 EDT
Akshay Kumar Sinha (AkshaySinha)
Senior Technical Solutions Engineer