Ministry of Education Saudi Arabia
Last activity: 9 Dec 2021 5:13 EST
Out of Place Upgrade from 7.3.1 to 8.6.2 Data Migration
We are planning to upgrade from 7.3.1 to 8.6.2, our configuration is as below
Application server: Tomcat
Operating System: Linux
DB: Sql Server
In House application not cloud. Application is already running in production.
We opted to go with Out of place. Our DB team is asking for below questions to assess the lift & shift option to migrate data schema from old server to new server.
1. Any recommendation to keep the new schema's within the same old server, any dis advantages if DB team creates new DB server for 8.6.2 and migrate data schema?
2. Will there be Rules schema having referential Integrity dependency with Data Schema?
3. What will be the count and list of Data Schema tables which will be part of this activity?
4. What is the expected size and row count of Data Schema tables and its order of data load? We can get the count from DB but is there any order of data load?
5. There are Data schema tables which doesn’t have Primary Key (like: pc_data_workattach). Why is it so as certain Data Migration Technique expects PK for maintaining data Integrity.