Wanted to check if lift and shift approach is still valid for Pega 8 upgrade. Here is the step which I wanted to check if that will work for Upgrade.
1. Upgrade your Development Environment with maybe Out of Place Double migration approach (For example).
2. Take dump of upgraded PegaRULES from DEV.
2. Copy the dump of PegaRULES 8.x to each of the higher environments (TEST, UAT, Pre-Production).
4. Clone the PegaData schema from existing environment.
5. Run Upgrade.sh –dataOnly true to upgrade the Pegadata 7.2.2 to PegaDATA 8.x for each higher environment.
Thanks in advance for your valuable thoughts on this.
In many instances our users were tried with –dataOnly is equal to true and the upgrade process also done without any issues however in few instances they got into some issue the below is one scenario. As long as –dataOnly option exist in the upgrade process, It is valid for 8x.
Thanks for your valuable comment. My confusion is actually at Migration time.
1. As per upgrade guide when we are updating migrateSystem.properties to migrate current rules schema to temporary upgrade schema we are providing both schemas of current system.
# Connection Information
pega.source.jdbc.driver.class=database driver class
pega.source.database.type=database vendor type
pega.source.jdbc.url=URL of database
pega.source.jdbc.username=Deployment user name
pega.source.rules.schema=original rules schema name pega.source.data.schema=original data schema name
2. Now after Migration complete, we have to run the upgrade.sh to upgrade temporary upgrade schema.
Why at time of Migration it requires original Data Schema as well?
When we run upgrade.sh does it need something from Pegadata schema?
Posted: 3 years ago
Posted: 18 Jul 2019 10:52 EDT
Celeste Dufresne (CelesteDufresne_GCS)
Senior Principal Engineer, Technical Support, Cloud Service
The first pass of the migrate script is cloning the rules tables plus the pr_data_admin table which is in the data schema to the new rules schema. The pr_data_admin table is needed for the rules schema upgrade.
#Set to true if migrating before an upgrade. If true admin table(s) required
#for an upgrade will be migrated with the rules tables.
Posted: 3 years ago
Posted: 18 Jul 2019 11:11 EDT
Satyendra Prakash Gupta (SatyendraPrakashG)