We are doing a POC on Pega Kubernetes deployment in AKS and have some general questions that we would like to get some help on.
1. In designer studio we can only see logs for the current day. How do we access historical logs like in a traditional deployment where they are stored in a directory on the server?
2. How to make changes to prconfig/context/server.xml files and restart pods to make new updates effective? It's vaguely mentioned in documentation somewhere to reference these updated files in the values.yaml file and then deploy but it would be nice to have some steps or example of how to do it.
3. Most importantly if we have a web tier with lets say 5 replicas then how do we log in to a particular node in the cluster for things like node specific logs, debug which agents and listeners are running, indexing, find number of requestors on the node etc.
***Edited by Moderator: Pallavi to change category from General to Product, update platform capability tags***
2. that should be done in the configmap (kind of k8s resource), currently we support prconfig/context/prlog4j, but not server.xml yet. If you really need to customize server.xml, you would need to customize the pega docker image, this is what some of clients do.
3. Here you need a change of mentality. The EFK stack mentioned above (specifically the web interface of Kibana for visualization) can enable you to filter out based on a particular node. Number of requestors are readily available from Admin Studio which gives you the view for all pega nodes in the cluster.