How to append the content of attachments to a PDF file
Requirement: Generate a PDF file that should contain the content of the case attachement. There can be various types of document attached to a case. From pc_data_workattach fetch the byte stream and append the content of those attachments to the PDF file.
How PDF is currently generated:
- The PDF is generated using an activity, using the concept of “HTMLtoPDF”
- An HTML stream is used where a section is referred
Approach to append the attachment content to the PDF:
- We need to attach the content of attached file in this section. Created a section and unchecked the ‘Auto-generated HTML’. We have fetched pyAttachStream from pc_data_workattach and tried following code in this section.
- Passing the InputStream as image source (For Image file)
<HTML><img src='InputStream' />
- Passing the value of InputStream as object.
<object> <pega:reference name="Property.pyAttachStream" /> </object>
The Inputstream is displayed in PDF instead of the content.
With this approach we’re unable to generate the PDF with the content of the attachment.