We have observed that a decision table doesn't return any error in the following scenario (Involves parent and child decision tables):
When "Allow missing properties" checkbox is checked, both the decision tables (parent and child) are not returning any error even though the required properties are missing.
Pega Version: 8.3.5
Steps to reproduce the issue:
1) Create an activity.
2) Create 2 decision tables i.e., one parent and one child decision table.
3) Set few sample conditions in both Parent and Child decision tables.
4) Call the parent decision table from the activity, and make sure that the input properties required for the execution of the decision table is not instantiated.
5) In the "Otherwise" field of the parent decision table, call the child decision table.
6) From the activity, ensure that the "Allow missing properties" checkbox is checked.
7) Set the decision table such that when the parent decision table is called, "Otherwise" row is triggered and child decision table is executed.
8) Run the activity. Parent decision table should run and trigger the child decision table. Make sure that the input properties required for the execution of the child decision table is not present in the parent decision table.
9) When the child decision table runs, Pega is supposed to throw a validation error.
10) Instead, child decision table finishes executing and performs the action specified in the "Otherwise" field, not returning any error.
Does this also occur when using @(Pega-RULES:DecisionTable).ObtainValue(tools, <page>, <decision table name>) instead of Call <decision table name>? I've had an issue where the Call instruction wasn't working properly in the past and replaced it, could you verify this? Nevertheless, I would also expected a validation error in this scenario.
Posted: 2 months ago
Posted: 20 May 2022 2:44 EDT
Piyush Kumar (Piyush)