I have one datatype and application is in production. I need to add one more property in this data type. When i move my code from dev to prod environment, I did not see the new property under data model tab of data type in higher environment . However it is shown in dev environment. Can someone suggest how to achieve this.
It's an expected behaviour, you won't be able to see the newly added property under "Data Model" table of Data Type if you add the new property directly in the class of Data Type. While,if you add a property using "Add field" link in Data Model tab, it would be visible.
Though ideally, you would be able to use the newly created property wherever you're referring that particular data type.
If you're not able to get the newly added property for references where you are using the particular data type.
I have few question below to isolate the root cause:
1. Does the newly added property appearing in the App Explorer, when you open the class of that particular data type?
2. As suggested by my colleague, run the report definition with the newly added property configured. Does it's returning data or is it blank? You can run tracer and see the SQL generated if it has the mapping for the newly created property.
3. Could you open DataType class and locate the respective database table and verify it from the backend in the Production environment?
Hope it answers your question and help you in isolating the root cause if the newly created property isn't appearing.
Thanks for your detailed response. I am able to refer the property . But i was wondering why it is not visible under data model tab of Data Type. I created this property using Add Field option, it is visible on dev environment but not visible on any higher environment. Do i need to include anything specific in product rule to be visible in higher environments.
One important observation, I am not able to see it under data model tab in Data type using default settings, But when i use FIlter with option "Show Inherited" i am able to see this property. But i had created Property at same level not in the inheritance path.
Posted: 5 years ago
Posted: 3 Jan 2018 4:18 EST
NAGA RAMU GOTTAM (NAGARAMU)
Lead System Architect
1. Ensure that Report Definition included column or not. If not, add it explicitly.
2. Just check whether the column is available or not in data base class mapping. If not available, expose it (I was experienced same problem - when we create the table all the columns by default exposed, if any column added later; it will be in stream).
3. If above 2 points are fine then after deployment; do save and test connectivity the database table instance to get affect.