Posted: 18 Jun 2015 5:33 EDT Last activity: 6 Apr 2018 19:26 EDT
Milestone upgrade from Pega 7.1.7 to Pega 7.1.8
I am performing a Pega milestone upgrade from Pega 7.1.7 to Pega 7.1.8.
I have few questions on the upgrade guide and would like to have a response.
1) The binaries (114820_P718-UPD) for the upgrade does not come with a document which describes the upgrade guide and we have to seperately download the guide (Pega718_UpgradeGuide.pdf) from PDN. Is this the intended behavior for any customer performing the upgrade?
2) On Page 21 section "Editing the setupDatabase.properties file" the guide describes: "Skip this section if you will use the IUA to upgrade and you will allow the upgrade process to automatically apply the schema changes".
To me this statement is not clear. Question is - do we need to edit this property file if we do not use IUA?
Do we need to edit this property file if we want the command line script to make the necessary schema changes.
3) On Page 56 point 6. the guide describes "If the system has access to both the PRODUCTION and TEMPORARY databases, enable...." This statement is also not clear.
If we have only once database instance where all the required schemas are available, do we edit the property file for key value pairs specified in this point?
Please share your findings/answers.
**Moderation Team has archived post**
This post has been archived for educational purposes. Contents and links will no longer be updated. If you have the same/similar question, please write a new post.
2. Yes. IUA applies schema changes automatically once the db information is furnished. When doing an update via command line, there is an option for generating the DDL beforehand, applying it manually and skipping schema changes during the update process. This can be helpful if the DBA is different from the application development team or if there are customizations done in rule tables
3. I believe this refers to the update mechanism of using two databases. How are you migrating ? Are both source & target schemas in the same database ?
On point 2) I need the command line script to make schema changes - which section in the document describes those changes. I hope I can skip this section as section "Upgrading a split-schema configuration" describes the changes anyways?
On Point 3) Yes both source and target schemas are in the same database. So this section does not describe the values to be used for the properties mentioned. What are the values required then?
Posted: 7 years ago
Posted: 18 Jun 2015 9:37 EDT
Sudharsan Raman (sudharsan)
Principal Software Engineer - Customer Success