Understanding "Multiple input combinations" for a When Test Case
I've either found a bug or don't understand what "Multiple input combinations" is supposed to do in a test case.
1. Create a When rule "When Param.EmployeeType = 4"
CREATE THE TEST CASE
- Click on the "Actions" -> "Run" for the When rule
- Enter the number 4 for the Value
- Click Run
- Click Convert to Test
- On the Test, click "Multiple input combinations"
- Add a row and enter the number 3 with a RETURN of false
- Run the test and see it fail
Here is my assumption, "The test will be run twice, once with 4 and again with 3. The first result returns 'true' and the second result returns 'false'." But the test fails with "3, expected false, actual true". Switching the order gives me "4, expected true, actual false."