Assume that we have a test activity in which we have created a custom field property, say "Defect ID" and the value is given as 1001. Once the activity is created, we will get an entry in the pr_index_customfields table. But on running the search with custom fields wizard,
Designer Studio --> Process & Rules --> tools --> Search rule using custom fields
In the "Set filters" screen initially i was not getting "Defect ID" property. I was not able to expose the property since Index-CustomFields is a rule in Pega-Rules ruleset which us locked. I had to expose the column manually in the DB. I altered the table pr_index_customfields to include a column "defectID" varchar(n).
After manually exposing the column, i created a when rule. This time i got an entry in pr_index_customfields table. I was also getting the property in the "Set filters" section. But the column "defectid" is not having any value because of which the final auto generated list view is not giving any result.
1) Is there a simple / conventional way to expose the properties that we use as custom fields?
2) Am sure that the data is in the blob in pr_index_customfields table. How to make sure pega inserts the value in the exposed column as well?
Thanks for the quick response. I did try the suggested way. But i was not allowed to create a new column or even generate the sql query to alter the table to create a new column. The required property that needed to be exposed was disabled. I have attached a screenshot of the same. Although i managed to generate a query for another column which had a check box. Then i dropped the existing "defectid" column in the db which was not taking any values and re ran the query by changing the column names as per my requirement. Now i am able to get the values in the "defectid" column.
Posted: 6 years ago
Posted: 31 May 2017 19:36 EDT
Tigran Airapetian (TigranAirapetian)
Software Solutions Engineer
"The required property that needed to be exposed was disabled. "
> If a property is already exposed, then we're not generating markup for the checkbox and so it's disabled. In your case, defectID column was already present in the table and so you have seen it disabled in the landing page.
Check the attached screenshot for the checkbox generation. DBSchema_ListProperties HTML rule and activity are responsible for the landing page's particular screen.