For a demo to a client we have to configure a customer journey in the Pega Marketing - NBA area but we are struggling in understanding where the customer journey read the data from (history or other structures?) so that we can provide some fake data for the journey to run.
Pega Marketing provides an option in the Application Settings to turn-on simulated data for the dashboards and Customer Journey. If you want to further change the simulated journey data there is a data transform which you can update based on your demo scenario. Details below
As the marketing administrator of your app, in the Configuration menu, Settings menu, choose Application Settings. Click Edit on the Configuration Settings tab and check "Use Simulation Data" option. This should enable some default customer journey data.
If you want to further update the sample data, you can SaveAs and update the SimulateJourneyData data transform. This transform allows you to specify Stages, steps, nodes and links between. We don't currently have a document which describes the different elements of this transform but this is something we'll consider for the future.
We tried making changes to configuration settings as suggested. When we tried checking the "Use Simulation Data" option and saved the setting. We were unable to save the setting and got the following exception in logs.
"com.pega.pegarules.pub.database.BadInputException: trying to create a ruleset context for a rule with a bad ruleset: RuleSet "null or empty name" has a bad format: code: <none> SQLState: RuleSet "null or empty name" has a bad format Message: <none>
DatabaseException caused by prior exception: com.pega.pegarules.pub.database.BadRulesetException: RuleSet "null or empty name" has a bad format"
Please check on the Manage Data Relationships tab and make sure you have specified your Artifacts ruleset and an unlocked ruleset version for the Customer Class ruleset. Also confirm that you have mapped the following fields on the external mapping tab of your extended customer class
We traced the issue and seems it is coming from step 1 of Validate activity which has been introduced in PEGA v7.3.1 since it was not present in earlier version.The activity is final so we can’t modify it in our ruleset. Attaching activity screenshot along with this post.