NOTE: Our company is using a very old version of Pega (7.2.2). Per upper management, upgrading the version is not an option.
We have the following process set up for downloading reports:
1. User selects report type and submits report request
2. Stored procedure on Oracle RAC generates report using dynamic sql appropriate to the report type
3. New report is zipped and stored in directory on Oracle RAC (Linux) server
We need to allow the users to download these reports through our Pega application.
Here are our current ideas:
1. Download the zipped file directly from the Linux server directory. Is this possible with OOTB Pega 7.2.2? Would we need to create custom functionality to access a file on a Linux server from Pega?
2. Use an automic job to move the zipped file from the Linux server to a fileshare on a non-Linux server. Is there existing functionality that will allow us to download a file from a fileshare on a non-Linus server?
3. Are there other options we could use? Is there a way in Pega 7.2.2 to return the data directly from the database, zip it, and send it to the user?
***Edited by Moderator Marissa to change type from Pega Academy to Product; update capability tags***
If you mount your DB server directory on which you generate reports on your PEGA servers and considering you know (at least you should) the name of the report then you can create a link between the report & your PEGA Application.
If this is not feasible, then you can still work with a mount directory on your PEGA Server. Then it would be external script/process which could copy from DB directory/server to PEGA dir/server.
Not everything has to be done from within PEGA :-)