Multi select control isn't working on a Model dialog window, where as same configuration is working fine in normal section.
Steps to Reproduce
1) Drag & Drop a table in section
2) Configure a page list property in general tab.
3) Add a link in one of the column and add Local action. Select Modal dialogue and provide flow action details.
4) Open the section referred in flow action. Add Table and configure a Multi select list control in one of the column.
5) Create page list property
6) Drag & Drop in that section
7) Select control as "MultiSelectList"
8) Give the source as a Data Page for smart prompt.
Mui-Select will not work on model-dialogue, this is how pega design was. We have raised SR for the same issues and pega SR team provided below root cause analysis... We need to build custom logic for having multi-select in modal-dialogue window..
Below is the difference in rendering between templatized and non-templatized control:
Templatized control renders on client side. On screen load the metadata is send by the server later on the specific content is getting load. In non-template control, the whole data is getting loaded on the server side and the result is shown on the screen.
In the multiselect control on the grid the section that is getting loaded is non-template and the multiselect control is templatized control. On screen load, the section getting loads the whole script with data whereas the multiselect control loads only the metadata and on second refresh it loads the data related to that previously loaded metadata.
This is the reason why the template control is not getting loaded in the non-template section.
Advanced parameter sections are rendering as non-template causing new controls like multiselect not to render. "
As this is by design, we would not able to achieve your requirements.
Enhancement request raised.
Posted: 1 year ago
Posted: 26 Apr 2022 3:32 EDT
Pooja Gadige (PoojaGadige)
Senior Knowledge Management Specialist, Technical Writer