Multi-datacenter setup in 8.6.1 with two Openshift clusters
HI Pega Team,
Our PEGA 8.6.1 infrastructure is moving from a single datacenter (nodes are across two different datacenters, but with a single K8s cluster) to a split-k8s-cluster setup. That is, in place of one single K8s(Openshift) cluster, there will be two separate K8s(Openshift) clusters across two datacenters. So we need to run our workloads - web, batch, search (elasticsearch 5.6), stream - in both these DCs in an Active/Passive or Active/Active configuration. Please find a rough picture of the overall architecture that we are considering. How could we do this?
1. We are using Embedded Hazelcast cluster. How could we configure this to support two independent clusters?
2. We are considering using a single Oracle DB (with replication, as in existing single cluster setups). What would be the challenges around this and how to resolve these?
3. How do we do cross-cluster(datacenter) replication for pega-stream data? Is this required? When should we do this?
4. How do we do cross-cluster(datacenter) replication for elasticsearch data? Is this required? When should we do this?
5. Should we use Hazelcast in client-server model? How does this help?
If this architecture doesn't look feasible, could you please suggest any alternate approaches.
Thanks a lot,
best regards, Hari
***Edited by Moderator: Pooja Gadige to add platform capability tags***