Last activity: 23 Aug 2018 19:06 EDT
Procedure to re-initialize the Updater Runtime repository manually
You may encounter various use cases for the need to manually re-init the Updater. One in particular for us was due to the current Runtime branch being corrupted and returning "...Invalid Branch..." error to Runtime PC users during the Launcher process. The following steps helped to quickly restore the Runtime PC to a valid branch and normal operation:
- Download the most recent repo bundle zip file
- Unzip the file and place the .bundle file into the C:\Program Files\OpenSpan\OpenSpan Updater folder
- Open the command prompt as an administrator
- Navigate to the Updater install folder with the following command cd C:\Program Files\OpenSpan\OpenSpan Updater
- Run the following command through the prompt OpenSpan.Updater.Initializer.exe SETTINGS_FILE="Initializer.xml" (be sure to edit the XML params to meet your needs)
- Initialization will take some time to occur (successful completion indicated by "...did not exit..." message - press CTRLZ to exit)
- Run the following command through the prompt once initialization is done, OpenSpan.VersionFinder.exe debug_mode
- A new window should appear that illustrates the branch that is currently checked out and latest file version. If the initialization was successful, the "The current version checked out is :" dialog will show the version that is checked out instead of "Uninitialized".
***Updated by moderator: Lochan to mark post as discussion***
**Moderation Team has archived post**
This post has been archived for educational purposes. Contents and links will no longer be updated. If you have the same/similar question, please write a new post.