Hi, i am facing an issue post upgrade to CPM 7.1.3 on Pega 7.1.7 while launching the flow from banner throwing an null pointer exception on Inten TO_DO. On click of the banner launching two flow eg Add Bank & Confirm Bank. Please find below the stack trace error. Please let me know any one faced similar kind of issue or any solution for it.
Caught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
Which caused: com.pega.pegarules.pub.PRRuntimeException: Section 'CAQueuedTasksVertical_ToDo' execution error on page 'CAPortalInteraction' of class 'PP-Gops-CS-Work-Interaction-Call'. : null
Hi, I have a few questions to try to understand your problem.
1) Have you installed the Cumulative Service Pack for 713 numbered 21430 ? If you have not, that should be the first step. Since the release of 713, a lot of the issues identified have been addressed in that hotfix. That may go to fix the issue without any furthter debugging.
2) Are you using the new Interaction Portal or the older style CSR portal ? 713 has both options and the answer may depend on which one you are using.
3) I'm not quite sure what you mean by clicking on a banner .. Is that some custom section or navigation item that you have built ? Can you possibly take some screenshots to show it in the context of the portal. That will also help answer the first question.
4) I would like to try to reproduce this issue. Please reply with detailed instructions on how I can reproduce this scenario, including the PRPC version.
Hi Amit, Thanks for your reply, pls find below the answers:
1. we have already installed HFIX-21430 in our application
2. we are using New style interaction portal.
3. Yes its a section (Customer Opportunities) which we call as banners, where onclick of it will be lauching two intent flows A & B using Ajax calls. Same is working fine in 6.x version where as its throwing an Null pointer error in the Intent.
4. We are launching the flows via banners in two ways, it may have single task to be launched or multiple tasks to be launched. Null pointer exception is thrown when we are trying to launch multiple tasks alone. We are achieving this via control where we are doing ajax calls using SendCPMEvent Js to launch the tasks.
If you are using the new Interaction portal, then you don't need to do any custom code. Add an action to the link to invoke the Create Work action. Pass in the Class and starting Flow name. It will automatically open it in the Dynamic Container.