If you plan to use both Pega Attended RPA and Workforce Intelligence, the best practice is to use the latest versions of Pega software. Therefore, run Pega Robot Runtime 22.1 alongside Workforce Intelligence Desktop Runtime.
Even if you have not yet updated your Attended RPA solutions to Robot Runtime 22.1, you can use Workforce Intelligence Desktop Runtime for data collection. To help you understand which product combinations Pega supports, refer to the following matrix. This matrix shows which combinations are supported, and also the combination that is not supported:
Refer to the following explanations for more details:
Robot Runtime 22.1/Workforce Intelligence Desktop Runtime
To get the most recent updates and enhancements for both attended RPA and Workforce Intelligence, choose this combination. For installation instructions for these products, see the following topics:
Robot Runtime 22.1/Robot Runtime 19.1
Combination 2 is not supported.
In this combination:
- When you install Robot Runtime 22.1, the installation procedure replaces the previously installed Robot Runtime 19.1 with Robot Runtime 22.1, which also disables Workforce Intelligence data collection.
- To enable data collection for Workforce Intelligence, you must install Workforce Intelligence Desktop Runtime.
Robot Runtime 19.1/Workforce Intelligence Desktop Runtime
In this combination:
- You run both Robot Runtime 19.1 and Workforce Intelligence Desktop Runtime together.
- Workforce Intelligence Desktop Runtime refers to customized WFIRuntimeConfig.xml and DesktopAnalyticsConfig.xml configuration files.
- When installing Workforce Intelligence Desktop Runtime, the installation procedure stores the above configuration files in a new folder in the user’s app data directory, that is, in: C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Pegasystems\Workforce Intelligence Desktop Runtime\
In addition, you must:
- Disable the
Intelligenceoption in the CommonConfig.xml file for Robot Runtime 19.1.
- Delete the DesktopAnalyticsConfig.xml file from appdata/roaming/Pegasystems.
Robot Runtime 19.1 for both
In this case:
- Robot Runtime 19.1 provides combined support for both Robotics automation and the collection of Workforce Intelligence data.
- The Service Delivery team provides custom instructions on installing Robot Runtime 19.1 for the purposes of Workforce Intelligence.