We have a report for Manager to view about the Cases being worked upon his team members and how long the user is holding lock on those Case work objects.
1. For calculating the Time elapsed (in mins) report definition uses difference of CurrentSystemTime - pxCreateDateTime. Default lock time is set to 30 mins.
2. We have observed sometimes that Manager is able to see few users are holding locks for more than 30 mins (sometimes upwards of 60+ mins). Ideally the lock on case work object should be released after 30 mins elapse since the pxCreateDateTime will be updated everytime there is an action performed on the case work obejct by the user.
3. Upon investigation we found that this scenario of more than 30 mins is reported in following 2 scenarios - (1) Browser is closed abruptly by user without logging off from the Pega application and (2) when user session is idle for more than certain permitted time.
4. Need your help to understand why in these 2 scenarios we are unable to see locks releasing automatically on the case work objects and why more than 30 mins is visible on the Manager report sometimes.
5. We would also like to know if there is any fix available to handle this from Pega.
***Edited by Moderator: Pooja Gadige to add platform capability tag***
I think I would first recommend an update of your environment. You are running an extremely old Pega 7.1.9, a lot of fixes have been created on many versions and even more new features have been created.