anything that calls DF_ProcessResponse to write to IH does not work.
com.pega.pegarules.pub.generator.RuleNotFoundException: Failed to find a 'RULE-DECISION-DATASET' with the name 'PXINTERACTIONHISTORY' that applies to '@baseclass'. There were 1 rules with this name in the rulebase, but none matched this request. The 1 rules named 'PXINTERACTIONHISTORY' defined in the rulebase are:
1 related to applies-to class '@baseclass', but were defined on subclasses: 'Data-pxStrategyResult'.
any process that uses the DataFlow to write to IH exhibits the problem, this includes a campaign run, or an ESM dataflow ...
I traced the start of the error to a specific point in time, but I cannot determine where the 'smoking gun' is, and since the error occurs in a dataFlow triggered by an event or a campaign it is difficult to trace ...
obviously the proper dataset is in place and is intact, I just don't understand why the system is no looking for the dataset off the @baseclass now.
I am sure someone in the team has tweaked something unintentionally, but I have no idea what.
This sounds like a classic rule resolution problem. The data flow runtime is looking for the interaction history data set in the @baseclass and not in the SR class hierarchy because probably your strategy results are no longer in the SR class hierarchy? Can you please validate this?
Is it also possible, although less likely, that somebody has updated the class definition of your top-level SR class and it no longer inherits from Data-pxStrategyResult?
These are the two places I'd start with.
Posted: 6 months ago
Updated: 6 months ago
Posted: 27 Jan 2022 16:10 EST Updated: 27 Jan 2022 16:11 EST
Paul Neal (PaulNFord)
Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company
the problem as it turns out is that some developer resaved the top level SR-Class (the Field-Value) into an open ruleset on top of the stack ... it was still pointed to the correct class name, but this messed up ruleset resolution.
some other developer tried to fix the problem by re-saving the DF_ProcessRespons DataFlow into a higher level ruleset, which did resolve the issue but in a poor way.
I removed both of these errant rules, and the problem went away...
just another case of not properly understanding Pega 101 ruleset resolution.