We are facing one issue while migrating the pega component developed in DEV environment as per below detail -
1. We developed one of the REST API service in our application as component in DEV
2. We added this component to our application in DEV (Didn't installed it by importing as it was available in the environment where we developed it)
3. We took application instance (which had component included) to PRE-PROD environments
4. Component rules didn't get picked in the run time
5. We resolved the issue by adding component version to application rule (Not the ideal way of doing it)
I want to know how we should migrate it when developing any service as component to higher environment as described in the situation above? Do we need to package it separately, generate the zip file of the component and manually import it to higher environment application and enable it in application rule?