Data Transformsformation with JSON
I would like to describe two REST service scenarios , and then ask a question.
- We invoke a REST service that returns XML .
- In order to map the data into the application class structure, an XML Parse rule is used.
- The parse xml rule maps the incoming data into the application class structure.
- We invoke a REST service that returns JSON. PRPC automatically parses the JSON and populates a page in the clipboard.
- In order to map the data into the application class structure, a data transform rule is used.
- To use the data transform , we need to create classes within PRPC that exactly mirror the structure of the incoming data, otherwise the transform will not save.
- The data transform rule maps the incoming data into the application class structure.
Why is step 3 of scenario 2 needed? That step is not an insignificant amount of work.
Message was edited by: Vidyaranjan Av | Included Category