Customer reported that they can't log in to the system after developer inserted a line break in a Field Value rule. In this post, I am sharing what the issue is, and how to fix it.
Customer wanted to insert a line break in the pop up alert message that is displayed when user tries to proceed to the next screen without entering value for a required field.
Below is the out-of-the-box pop up alert message that comes with Japanese language pack. There is no line break by default.
Customer identified a Field Value rule for the alert message and inserted a line break by just [Enter] without using special characters as below.
Right after this customization, entire users became unable to log in to the system. When user logs in, blank page is displayed as below. This issue is replicated both in Developer portal and Manager / User portal.
There are no errors logged in the PegaRULES log file, but if you turn on browser's Developer Tools, you should be able to see "Uncaught Syntax Error: Invalid or unexpected token" error as below. This is the one that is actually preventing all users from logging in.
As you can see in above script, there are many Field Value rules that are read when user logs in. Below are some of the examples, but there are many others.
- "Invalid input - reenter a decimal number greater than 0"
- "Enter a non-negative number"
- "Invalid input - enter a number between 0 and 100"
- "Enter a valid email address"
- "Enter a valid phone number"
- "Enter a valid future date"
- "Enter a valid past date"
- "Enter a valid alphabetic value"
- "Enter a valid alphabetic or numeric value"
- "The value specified is not matching with the format"
- "Enter a valid Alphanumeric or space Value"
- "Please correct flagged fields before submitting the form!"
Hope this helps.
***Edited by Moderator: Pooja Gadige to add capability tag***