Pega Test Automation Features, Best Practices & FAQ
Pega offers several capabilities to perform continuous testing and deliver high quality applications. Objective is to enable users to develop and maintain automated tests for their applications catering various testing needs and monitor the application quality on a continuous basis to take corrective actions early in the cycle.
Testing cycle: Big picture
“PegaUnit” framework offers “Unit testing” capabilities for Pega applications. This is provided out of the box and needs no separate license. Please refer below link to understand more about this framework and how to work with it.
“Scenario testing” framework offers UI based end to end functional testing capabilities for case types and portals of a pega application. This is provided out of the box and needs no separate license. Please refer below link to understand more about this framework and how to work with it.
“Selenium starter kit” is a generic selenium based UI test framework that users can use to build automated test suites for Pega applications. Refer below links to understand more about this framework and how to work with it.
This feature allows users to measure the effectiveness of the testing done against the applications. It gives information about the covered/not-covered rules with the testing performed. Below links can be referred to get more information on this feature.
- Working with test reports
- Overview of test coverage feature
- Ignore test rule sets while generating test coverage reports
- Generate test coverage report for a case type
Application quality dashboard of an application allows users to visualize and monitor the quality of the application on a regular basis. It provides few built-in metrics by default and users can customize the dashboard to add more metrics relevant to their applications. Below links can be referred to get more information on this.
- Overview of Application quality dashboard
- Understanding application quality settings
- How to define color coding for the metrics
Other important articles:
- How to maintain a test application to store test artifacts
- How to migrate test cases separately in Deployment Manager
- Using automated smoke test suites to reduce regression testing effort
What's New Information:
You may check below links to understand the new features introduced in respective platform versions in automated testing and quality space.