CLSA Community Meetup: Savable data pages (November 2021): Slides, Replays + Demos
Drive your case designs based on your case's data needs, not how the data is stored!
Benefits to your applications that adopt savable data pages include:
- Encapsulating the retrieval and persistence logic for a data object into the one data page rule;
- Standardizing the read and write operations performed between Pega and other systems of record;
- Decoupling the application which needs and makes changes to data from the intricacies of how to retrieve and persist that data; and
- Reducing the dependency on Activity rules for orchestrating the saving of data.
In this session, Vijay Krishna Kidambi Sreenivas @kidas and Surojit Ghosh @ghoss4 from Pega's Engineering team discussed and demonstrated the create and update use cases where savable data pages would best be adopted; best practices for where and how to reference them; and overall recommendations on their usage.
Download the presentation here
In the videos below, you can watch:
- The full webinar and Q&A from session 1;
- The Q&A from session 2 (webinar content is the same as session 1);
- Each of the demos - in full - which our presenters stepped through in the webinar.
Click here for the Questions & Answers that were asked during the session.
Have you missed any of our earlier CLSA webinars? Click here to catch up!
Session 1 - Webinar replay and Q&A
Session 2 - Q&A only
Demo: Saving non-case data before savable data pages
Demo: Saving non-case data using savable data pages
Number of Activities: 0.0
Demo: Creating and Updating data in Pega using savable data pages
Demo: Configure data page save options from App Studio
Demo: Capture a new data object in Pega, then create it as a new record over REST
Demo: Fetch an existing record, update it in Pega, then store it as an update over REST
Demo: Reference auto-populate properties when saving
... to further decouple the use case that performs the save from needing to know
- what data page to use; and
- what the correct case properties are to wire to the data page's parameter list